Skip to main content

Ruiner … If you didn’t play it, you lost out big

 RUINER - CYBERPUNK MENTAL HEALTH.



In the game Ruiner, players are transported to a cyberpunk world where the government has the power to control citizens' minds and emotions. The main character, a mute and seemingly emotionless man known only as "Hero," sets out on a mission to save his kidnapped brother and take down the corrupt government.



One of the most striking aspects of Ruiner is its portrayal of mental health issues that may become prevalent in the future. The government's control over citizens' minds and emotions, as well as the use of drugs and technology to manipulate them, highlights the dangers of allowing such power to fall into the wrong hands.



Another aspect of Ruiner that stands out is its aesthetic design. The game's cyberpunk setting is brought to life through its stunning hand-drawn art and animation, which gives it a unique and memorable look. The characters are all visually distinct and memorable, with detailed designs that reflect their personalities and roles in the story. The game's environments are also richly detailed, with a unique futuristic look that immerses players in the world.



The hand-drawn art style adds a sense of grittiness and rawness that perfectly captures the mood of the game's cyberpunk setting, and the characters' animations are smooth and fluid, adding to the overall immersive experience. The game's visuals are not only pleasing to look at but also add to the overall atmosphere and tone of the game. The hand-drawn art style and animation serves as a perfect accompaniment to the story, themes, and gameplay, making it a standout title in the cyberpunk genre.



In addition to its thought-provoking narrative, Ruiner also excels in its world building and character development. The game's cyberpunk setting is rich and detailed, with a fully-realized world that immerses players in the daily struggles of living in a future where technology controls every aspect of life. The side characters that the player encounters, although not central to the story, are memorable and well-written, adding depth to the world and making it feel more alive. They provide a glimpse into the daily mental health struggles of the citizens living in this world and make the player empathize with their situation. The game's portrayal of the mental health struggles of its characters, both main and side, adds a level of realism and relatability to the story that makes it all the more impactful.



In addition to its thought-provoking narrative, Ruiner also offers gameplay that can be therapeutic for players. The fast-paced, twin-stick shooting mechanics provide a form of stress relief as players take out hordes of enemies and progress through the story. The game's difficulty level also allows players to challenge themselves and feel a sense of accomplishment upon beating it.



Overall, Ruiner offers a unique and thrilling gaming experience that not only entertains but also provokes thought on the potential consequences of advanced technology on mental health. Its ability to offer both an engaging story and stress-relieving gameplay make it a standout title in the cyberpunk genre.

Find me at:

Twitter: @bruised_wayne2

https://twitter.com/bruised_wayne2

TikToc: bruisedwayne2

https://www.tiktok.com/@bruisedwayne2

Blogger: Gaming for Mental Health

https://gamingformentalhealthdaily.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Has Your Health Become a Subscription Model?

For years, I have been on a quiet mission: to self-advocate for my mental health and to reduce my reliance on pharmaceuticals to the absolute minimum. This was never about rejecting medicine outright—I have seen its power, and I am grateful for it. It was about reclaiming agency. It was about asking, with every prescription, a question that I am increasingly concerned fewer people are asking: Do I actually need this? And if I stop, what then? Lately, I have noticed something unsettling. The medical field, as I observe it, is shifting away from teaching actionable, sustainable lifestyle methods and toward prescriptions as the default answer. And nowhere is this more visible—or more alarming—than in the meteoric rise of drugs like Ozempic and Wegovy. These medications were originally developed to treat type 2 diabetes. But when patients and then the media realized they also produced rapid, dramatic weight loss, they became household names. Today, according to 2025 prescription data, over...

The Quiet Revolution: Understanding the Herbivore Man

There is a quiet revolution happening, and it is not making headlines. It does not involve protests, political manifestos, or viral call-out posts. Instead, it unfolds in the small, daily choices of men who have decided to step off a treadmill they never asked to be on. I am one of them. I am a herbivore man. Before you imagine something extreme, let me clarify. I am not a recluse. I am not misogynistic. I have not sworn off human connection. What I have done—consciously, intentionally—is stop hunting. I stopped chasing relationships as if they were trophies to be won. I stopped measuring my worth by romantic conquest or the presence of a partner. And in doing so, I discovered something unexpected: peace. This is not an anti-love manifesto. It is an exploration of a growing global phenomenon, one that challenges everything we think we know about masculinity, happiness, and what it means to live a good life. This is about the herbivore man—who he is, why he exists, and what his quiet re...

The Rise of Shit-Influencers: Why Are All Our Role Models So Inept?

I have been watching something strange happen. Not on the news, not in some distant corner of the internet, but right in the mainstream of our cultural attention. A growing number of our most prominent influencers are, to put it bluntly, absolute disasters. A streamer whose claim to fame includes a roach-infested house and dead rats in his kitchen. A pair of brothers who built an empire on misogyny and now face extradition on charges of rape and sex trafficking. A man who livestreamed himself harassing Black people with racial slurs, then allegedly shot one—and received over $130,000 in donations after his arrest. These are not fringe figures. They are not obscure trolls hiding in the shadows. They are some of the most visible, most followed, most celebrated personalities on the internet. And the question I keep coming back to is this: What the hell is wrong with us? At first, I thought it was simple rubbernecking. The same impulse that makes people slow down to stare at a car crash. A...